- Volunteers must be of good standing in the community
- Have a clean record within the last 7 to 10 years
- Be a woman of faith and Godly Character
- Must be able volunteer at min of 3 hours per week.
- Looking for women who feel a call for ministry in some capacity in women’s ministry
- Interns from secular programs, community service, or women using our current in house programs are no longer allowed to volunteer at our day facility
- Oasis desires women of strong character, sound emotional maturity, morals, and decorum who will be great role models for the women we serve.
Volunteers are intricate to our ministry here at Oasis and we cannot function at full efficiency without you. Our desire is to set an atmosphere where women can learn, grow, get encouragement through the fostering of community and find hope through the love of Jesus Christ.
We want to run an efficient, professional type of environment, while maintaining the warm, nurturing environment that Oasis is known for. We want every potential volunteer to ponder your decision with much prayerful consideration as we want to make sure that every woman who dedicates their time know and understand fully this kind of commitment.
this is not a paid position, and because of that many people consider it “not a big deal”. if that is you..’ then you probably need to find another place to volunteer. (See Oasis mission, vision, and covenant can be found on the front page of the training manual.)
Here at Oasis of Kingsport Women’s Ministry we ask that your commitment be according to Col 3: 23-24, which states, “23 Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not for human masters. 24 Since you know that you will receive an inheritance from the Lord as an award. It is the Lord Christ you are serving.”
Do it for Jesus and consider this your mission field and whatever you do… Do it as unto the Lord!!
You don’t have to dig wells in Africa to be on the mission field. The greatest mission field is the one you see when you look around our city and consider that many are hurting, addicted, lonely, and unloved. Every encounter you have is an opportunity to let Jesus shine BIG in and through you.
If you are interested in volunteering @ The Oasis of Kingsport Women’s Ministry is the place for you to volunteer and you would like to have more information, please contact us by email at: firstname.lastname@example.org
To speak to our Director of Volunteers Amy Renye email@example.com
You can also come by and pick up a volunteer application at our front desk. Please also sign the visitors log when you come by. Our physical address is: 1102 Mill Street, Kingsport
You may also call us @ 423-392-1137. If you are requesting volunteers documents, please put Volunteer Enquiry in the subject line.
OTHER WAYS YOU CAN SERVE
- Campaign for us in the community for funds and volunteers
- Conduct a fundraiser for the Oasis
- Get your church involved
- Host VBS or help with other kids programs in the summer
- Men can commit to after hours help – upkeep on the grounds and property, loading, hauling, helping with various projects and events
- Community outreach to the Gibson Mill Community
- Host a class after hours
- Provide a service, counseling, life coaching, mentoring etc.
- Commit to prayer for our ministry daily
- Promote us online by simply sharing our information with othe